Home > Windows 10 > 16 Bit Installer On Xp

16 Bit Installer On Xp

Contents

Install the Windows 8.1 preview FAQ: Making a Smooth Move from XP to Windows 7 Older Software in Windows 7 Video Acer Swift 7 review: This slender ultrabook focuses on just Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - 16-bit program fix by polaris6 / December 13, 2008 2:27 AM PST In reply to: Just checking. by R. The 64-bit version of Windows just doesn't contain the WOW16 compatibility layer that allows 16-bit apps to function. Source

I may try remote assistance. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will pick up on this. Websites Requiring Java, Silverlight, ActiveX, or Internet Explorer RELATED ARTICLEHow to Use Java, Silverlight, and Other Browser Plug-ins on Windows 10 Windows 10 uses the new Microsoft Edge as its default browser. About Us Contact Us Digital Edition Customer Service Gift Subscription Ad Choices Newsletters Privacy Policy RSS Terms of Service Agreement E-commerce Affiliate Relationships PCWorld CATEGORIES Business Laptops Mobile PC Hardware Printers https://www.theguardian.com/technology/askjack/2007/aug/02/problemsrunning16bitprogram

Xp Mode Windows 10

It's just a 16-bit installer trying to install on 64-bit Win7. –CJ7 Feb 3 '12 at 1:43 | show 3 more comments 6 Answers 6 active oldest votes up vote 2 Go Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Compatibility then tick NTVDM.exe (NT Virtual DOS Machine) and apply or OK as needed and then Path? THANKS, NIKUNJ Reply Chaitanya says February 24, 2015 at 6:32 PM Hello Nikunj, since you're using it through a lan server, I will really recommend you to use hyper V or

Once running then you have to enable 16 bit applications. If you have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate, you can download and install Microsoft's free Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC. But if it was already old in 1998, or was written to be backward compatible back then, it will have problems with most current computers. [Email your tech questions to [email protected]] 16 Bit Emulator For Windows 10 I found the 'Clear All Events' in the Application Directory; it indeed cleared all the entries.I then tried to execute the troublesome program once again.

i.e Executing the program as Administrator. The idea is to see if a new clue can be found. Not the answer you're looking for? The issue was that the setup.exe program used by InstallShield 5.X is 16-bit.

I then replaced the original 16-bit setup.exe, located in the disk1 folder, with InstallShield's 32-bit version of setup.exe (download this file from the site referenced in the above link). Xp Mode Windows 7 You can also add the tick in the Checkbox in the Compatibility tab to enable "Run as Administrator" Option. I have run several programs since I cleared the Application directory and nothing has appeared in the Application log.What do I have to do to get a 'rise' out of the Imagine one very long discussion finished quickly after we discover Teatimer.

Windows Xp Virtual Machine Windows 10

Besides, when it ran before, it ran without changing screen resolution or color level. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/267959-45-cant-windows-program share|improve this answer edited Feb 8 '12 at 4:38 Cody Gray 147k23280373 answered Feb 7 '12 at 18:21 alhalama 2,9481818 1 I got it working by installing on 32-bit and Xp Mode Windows 10 by R. Windows Xp On Windows 10 Facebook Twitter Google+ YouTube LinkedIn Tumblr Pinterest Newsletters RSS current community chat Stack Overflow Meta Stack Overflow your communities Sign up or log in to customize your list.

Related Filed Under: PC Tricks, Uncategorized, Windows Tricks and Tutorials Comments NIKUNJ KATARUKA says February 24, 2015 at 6:29 PM HI, I NEED TO RUN A DOS BASED SOFTWARE ON 64 Bing Rewards India - get Free Rs.100 Recharge each Month for searching on Bing! Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1Scan saved at 23:08:59, on 12/13/2008Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)Running processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exeC:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXEC:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exeC:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exeC:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exeC:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exeC:\Program Files\Symantec SupportChic, Nov 13, 2008 #3 DKTaber Thread Starter Joined: Oct 26, 2001 Messages: 2,743 BryanW said: ↑ I had this problem awhile ago and avast turned out to be the problem. Windows Xp Mode Download

by R. I spent a lot of time trying to install my scanner on 64-bit Win7, even installed it in virtual machine and used special software to track registry changes, and this all You can then make sure the WOW (16-bit Windows on Windows) subsystem starts correctly by following article Q153544. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

He's as at home using the Linux terminal as he is digging into the Windows registry. Dosbox For Windows 10 64 Bit View more comments most viewed The Guardian back to top home UK world sport football opinion culture business lifestyle fashion environment tech selected travel all sections close home UK education media Let's just say this "solution" is high-risk and you should have few, if any, expectations.

but it might be worth a try..Dave Flag Permalink This was helpful (0) Collapse - Can't run 16-bit Win Program by polaris6 / January 9, 2009 9:02 AM PST In reply

And yet, if your program was created with Windows 98 primarily in mind, it has a reasonable chance of working in Windows 7 or 8. Potato Head game on grandma's 2005 Compaq desktop. Enter E-Mail address to get latest Updates & How-to Guides from TechApple in your Inbox! Ntvdm Windows 10 64 Bit Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue.View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I would prb say it's just one of those programs that won't run, ut you mentioned she has run it before so I won't say that. they took off and ran fine....patiently went thru and redid all the shortcuts and now life is good again.... Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2008 12:05 AM PST In reply to: 16-bit Program Mystery Some older programs will not run if the directory its in has a space in Click over the Compatibility tab.

There are ways to modify a 16-bit installation program to make it 32-bit so it will install on 64-bit Windows 7. That's a pretty old game. Windows Vista, 7, and 8 all come (or came) in 32- and 64-bit versions (the version you get depends on your PC's processor). I then tried to execute the exe file on the stick memory from the laptop and it worked fine.

DKTaber, Nov 14, 2008 #14 DKTaber Thread Starter Joined: Oct 26, 2001 Messages: 2,743 BryanW said: ↑ Hmmm, maybe try a safe mode install? Make sure this company doesn't drag you into that abyss as well. –Hans Passant Feb 3 '12 at 0:25 1 @HansPassant: In defence, there is a project running simultaneously to BryanW, Nov 13, 2008 #6 DKTaber Thread Starter Joined: Oct 26, 2001 Messages: 2,743 BryanW said: ↑ My 5 year old plays alot of his older brothers games that are mostly by R.