Home > Windows 10 > 50 Ways To Make Windows Vista

50 Ways To Make Windows Vista

Unfortunately, installing a Vista driver isn't always easy. It did helped me indeed in making my computer a little faster. Go to Control Panel's Hardware and Sound panel, and you can specify exactly what actions you want AutoPlay to offer.—Next: Give It a Facelift > Give It a Facelift We like I have OSX and XP (with Litestep) on this Macbook. his comment is here

I'd say 1/5th or so of these methods are actually valid enough to work and not break a computer if a novice is performing these steps. Make sure to download all the latest Windows Updates, Service Packs, and hot fixes as they “normally” help your computer work better. 71. When are we going to reach a stage where PC's should only be used and the maintenance of it be almost unheard of like the many appliances we use. George Serradinho says: 8 years ago Thanks for the list, I will have to try a few and see what the results are. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mapblog/2008/11/20/50-ways-to-make-windows-vista-faster-wow/

Windows 7 Registry Hacks

Another neat feature is AquaGlass, which makes an entire window transparent (not simply the title bar) when you drag it across the screen. 22) Beef up your battery status gauge. Navigate back to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | Software | Microsoft | Windows | CurrentVersion | Authentication | LogonUI (you're not going into Background this time). 2. I read to the bottom… December 9, 2010 Hatryst Question: What is that wallpaper on your desktop? Published 12/9/10 SHOW ARCHIVED READER COMMENTS (97) Comments (97) December 9, 2010 Hatryst I read only 10 registry hacks on lifehacker.

Windows 7 should be a lot better… @TechnicalBard - Thanks, I'll fix that. @edwest - Well if you are a user without a lot of data and have a huge hard Install more RAM if you are running XP with less than 512 MB or Vista with less than 1 GB of RAM. 46. Windows 7 Start Button Changer gives the "Orb" a more interesting look. Windows 10 Registry Hacks And Tweaks Thanks!

I have used it and I love it. Windows 10 Registry Tweaks You can bring up Task Manager to get CPU and RAM usage info, but that's like work. It limits the amount of resources the CPU dedicates to each program. Also, Malwarebytes Anti Malware will snag nasties other virus scanners miss.

Step 1 should have been "Install Debian Linux" and step 2 "learn some quick package management skills to 'apt-get install kde xorg' ". Regedit Tricks For Windows 7 If you don't want to pay, though, there are plenty of free antimalware options. Dan says: 8 years ago Re benevolent anarchist's post - I agree that removing programs from your hard drive will not in itself make the PC faster. When you hover the mouse cursor over one of the previews, all your other windows will disappear and show just that window.

Windows 10 Registry Tweaks

I have done Google searches and not found anything that works so far. custombuilds 125,877 views 6:18 HOW TO FACTORY RESTORE YOUR COMPUTER!! - Duration: 4:02. Windows 7 Registry Hacks dont have it now reformatted my pc but it was great but not the best cuz the drivers were ur own they were the next best drivers so quality was not Registry Hacks Windows 10 Type anything into the search box on the start menu, and it appears as you type.

It eases up on the annoying number of User Account Control pop-ups, and improves on protecting your data and the use of applications. 39) Control what applications are used. http://caterace.com/windows-10/40-fix-windows.html This list is in no particular order, just written in the order that I could think of them. It's very useful. Windows 7 comes with a built-in defragger that runs automatically at scheduled intervals, but if yours is set by default to run at a time when your PC is usually turned Best Registry Hacks Windows 10

Get over yourselves. Creating your own homegrown Rainmeter skins takes considerable effort to master, but a new Raininstaller feature (available in version 1.2 or later) can save a lot of grunt work by installing We’ll cover how this works, as well as one of my favorite “interesting” fonts for the command prompt. weblink And the software availabe for it is even more limited.

Defrag your your system. Windows 10 Registry Tricks Also, the paging file should be on a different hard drive or partition than the boot partition. Anthony Carter I've been having a problem recently with the system icons deleting themselves even though I had them checked to show.

And don't get me started on the Macintosh/Apple OS.

Once you apply the hack, you’ll notice when you hover your mouse over a thumbnail of an open app on the Taskbar the preview pops up instantly with no delay. Instead of getting a list of programs to open the file with, you get an annoying dialog asking you to use a web service to find a program. You can change the backup schedule or manually backup files at any time.—Next: Print With It > Print With It Getting your current printer to work in Windows 7 will prove Windows 7 Hacks And Tweaks However, the 64-bit version worked fine for me for a while but Windows 7 is an improved version of vista.

Perform a virus scan on your computer regularly. I'll keep looking out for the companies with thousands of PCs. The mac’s take several more click’s, and are consistently slower at everything we try. check over here Pandr says: 7 years ago Giving a non-IT professional simple tools like those above will teach them to keep their computer clean and give them some basic understanding of how adding

Whether you are using an old PC or the latest and greatest in hardware, you can still use some of these to make your PC run faster.