Home > Windows 7 > 2008 Sp1 Error 0x800f0a12

2008 Sp1 Error 0x800f0a12

Contents

Went ahead and did what Joseph said (and ONLY that) with his quick, four-step process and got SP1 installed and working. The hidden partition was already Active, so on a whim, I tried assigning it a drive letter, using Disk Management. Thanks to Joseph for writing the article and Ed Bott for bringing it to my attention on Twitter and thanks to all those writing comments to help out the rest of What's next? http://caterace.com/windows-7/7b-error-xpe-fix.html

Reply ↓ © Christopher Schiffner 2016 Menu Close Search SOLUTIONS Solutions Overview Unstructured Data Growth Multi-Vendor Hybrid Cloud Healthcare Government PRODUCTS Product Overview Backup and Recovery Business Continuity Storage Management Information Reply ↓ vinyoga on January 19, 2014 at 8:48 pm said: Match exactly with my sp1 install troublousomes. Reply Alex G. Tried diskpart /automount, device managementg- making the windows partition active, and assigning a device letter to the drive - all with no success. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/joscon/2011/02/17/windows-72008-r2-service-pack-1-fails-with-0x800f0a12/

Windows 7 Sp1 Error 0x800f0a12 Dual Boot

Is bootmgr just bypassing the BCD and going straight for C:Windowssystem32winload.exe? I wouldn't want to choke your blog! The configuration registry database is corrupt" now, how do i remedy this without killing the SmartON OS?

social.technet.microsoft.com/…/05c74dc1-a102-4cbd-9724-5c804f500a80 windows 7 doesn't boot if one hard disk taken from NAS is plugged via the sata cable directly to the main board. CALL US: 1 (866) 837-4827 Solutions Unstructured Data Growth Multi-Vendor Hybrid Cloud Healthcare Government Products Backup and Recovery Business Continuity Storage Management Information Governance Products A-Z Services Education Services Business Critical I have also heard that if you keeo your system updated, as I do, service pack 1 is not really required. Diskpart The article "Understanding Disk Partitions" states "the active partition is typically a separate partition called a system partition".

SECTION #B ->Error reads ‘The boot configuration data store could not be opened. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Offline Installer Grub2 used with Ubuntu left the bootflag on Windows system reserved partition. Or You can generate the tags first by pressing the # icon in the post's menu and then paste the contents between the generated [ code] paste here [ /code] tags. M3rc NateFebruary 24th, 2011, 12:24 AMBoot Info Script 0.55 dated February 15th, 2010 ============================= Boot Info Summary: ============================== => Windows is installed in the MBR of /dev/sda => Grub 2 is

I had a similar issue when I was installing Win7 to the SATA disk, where it would let me choose the partition but wouldn't install to it. If you experience difficulty installing Windows 7 SP 1 follow these troubleshooting steps. Try disabling anti-virus and running the update again. I am going to try unplugging all the drives, but it's quite the ordeal in this workstation, due to how they're connected.

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Offline Installer

If either of these is not working properly, you'll get the error in the the blog. Reply joscon [Microsoft] says: November 17, 2016 at 3:05 pm Maybe I am missing something, but how is that MSFT messing up exactly? Windows 7 Sp1 Error 0x800f0a12 Dual Boot Also possible is that my assigning of drive letters with a third party tool caused the problem. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Download I'm dualbooting Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04, and this is the first time I got this error message.

So if i set it up in the bios to have my 640Gb be first boot priority and when i turn on PC it goes automatically to Windows 7, will the navigate here Usually, this partition is accessible to Windows (although you can't browse it in Windows Explorer). I propose that MS bootloader/disk partition teams go and talk with GRUB developers as soon as possible, so that this kind of problems can be avoided in the future. If multiple installs of windows you have to move boot flag to repair the other install. Kb976932

You all rock! Run DISKPART 2. This web page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/windows-7-windows-server-2008-r2-service-pack-1-sp1-installation-error-0x800F0A12 suggest some fixes, but only the first one seems relevant. Check This Out Microsoft explained that the exception is caused because the SP1 RTM installer finds it impossible to access the system partition that Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 build.

Run cmd.exe as administrator. 2. everything soooo convoluted and crappy… Reply tejas says: April 15, 2011 at 12:07 am Assigning a drive letter to the System partition did the trick…….. Looks like Microsoft is really pushing the single OS install, considering it would be straightforward to put in logic to handle these other cases also.

Reply joscon [Microsoft] says: November 17, 2016 at 3:05 pm @Alex: the system partition doesnt need to be the first partition in your layout, it just needs to be the only

In that case, does BCD have to be rebuilt, or would this also work?: bcdedit /export %temp%BCD.backup bcdedit /import %temp%BCD.backup I'm still curious as to why the SP wants to *write* Nothing. - I've also attempted setting the two sections of my C: drive (system-reserved and the actual Windows installation) to active and that didn't bring me anything at all. On computer: OS-RESEARCH DISKPART> automount Automatic mounting of new volumes enabled. The way I see it, your Linux installation had as much to do with messing up my service pack installation as my service pack installation did with your Linux. -Joseph Reply

Thanks you, Tech Republic, and especially Ed Bott, for bringing this one to my attention! But I do cherish pages like this and have learned a lot just reading it. Disk Management will be the bottom tree in the MMC. http://caterace.com/windows-7/3b-error-windows-7.html hopefully you can get through it.

This same solution solved the error on all the computers I encountered the 800F0A12 error on.